The DC & Arlington in a Half Day is a fast-paced and easy way to see the top sights in one memorable tour. In approximately 5.5. hours, you’ll see the best of Washington…
- Departure: 8 a.m.
- Starting Point: Smithsonian Metro Stop on 12th Street & Independence Ave.
- Dropoff Point: Overnight tour returns to the Smithsonian Metro station after travel to and from Williamsburg and overnight hotel stay. Approximate dropoff time 5pm subject to traffic and other travel conditions.
Colonial Williamsburg Overnight Tour From DC
This one-of-a-kind tour is a two-day excursion that takes you from Washington, DC to Williamsburg, VA, one of America’s most popular historic and entertainment-oriented destinations. This family-friendly trip starts off with a comfortable 3 hour ride through historic Virginia to Williamsburg, home of the country’s beginnings as well as the Busch Gardens theme park and so much more. You’ll be able to explore 18th Century Colonial Williamsburg and witness recreations of the major events that punctuated that era as well as experience what daily life was like in America’s earliest years. With over 40 sites, including trades, taverns, museums and more, this is a thrilling trip back in time that the whole family can enjoy. Your tour also includes a visit to Busch Gardens in the summer season as well as the Yorktown Battlefield where the American Revolution came to its exciting end.
Day One (1)
- Bus leaves DC by 8 a.m.
- Three-hour travel time to Williamsburg, VA
- Arrives by 11 a.m. (travel times subject to traffic and weather conditions)
- Hotel check-in
- Leave Hotel for Busch Gardens by 12 p.m (available seasonally from May to September – weekends only from March to May)
- Busch Gardens Theme Park – 12:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Return to hotel by 6 p.m.(guests may stay at Busch Gardens until closing time at their discretion)
- Busch Gardens option is seasonal – replaced with other Williamsburg area attractions when not available.
Day Two (2)
- Breakfast 6 – 8 a.m.
- Tour the Williamsburg area from 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m – includes Governor’s Palace, Colonial Williamsburg Sites and Yorktown Battlefield & Museum
- Leave Williamsburg area by 2:30 p.m.
- Arrive in DC by 5:30 p.m.(travel times subject to traffic and weather conditions)
Note: Please bring comfortable, seasonally-appropriate clothing plus any needed items for an overnight stay. Trip includes riding on bus as well as walking at the historic sites and Busch Gardens. Meals are not included (except continental breakfast at the hotel).